Saturday, July 04, 2009

Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes with Maple Orange Butter

I found this recipe on Bakerella, adapted from Martha Stewart the other day and was oh so tempted. Butter, maple syrup, butter, blueberries, butter...who could resist, certainly not me! Ignore the terrible photo, the kids and dad were screeching from the other room, starving for blueberry pancakes so I was unable to take my time and set up a good shot. The Maple Orange Butter was OK, I love the concept but think I'll search around for a differnt idea next time. The ingredients were a pain to incorporate together, so I ended up pulling out the hand mixing and whipping it, which made it more of a production than I cared for. The pancakes themselves were very good actually. The cornmeal adds an interesting texture and I think lends a ton of flavor. Dad says this one's a keeper and has kicked our basic pancake recipe to the curb. Since my kids (except for Bryce, photo below), are picky about the blueberries, I think I'll heat some slightly in a sauce pot with some sugar and serve on the side next time. Everyone can then get the amount they want, where they want it on their plate, and it will actually make flipping the pancake a lot easier. Enjoy!
Print this post

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gorgeous blog ange! i'm so excited for your pictures AND recipes :)