Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two on Tuesdays | Cookbooks

The anticipation was killing me. Patience is not my greatest virtue...to be honest it isn't even in my repertoire of virtues! As soon as I joined the group Tuesday with Dorie I ran right out to Barnes and Noble to buy the book, O-M-G was it ever expensive. I didn't care, I was set to buy it anyway, except they only had one really beat up copy, and since I plan to beat up my own copy, I decided to I better go new. With all the money I saved by buying at Amazon, I went ahead and threw in Hello, Cupcake too!

I can not wait to get started on my first recipe as a Tuesdays with Dorie baker, this week is Applesauce Spice Bars...yummy! I really hope they taste as awesome as their picture looks, I need to collect a ton of apple recipes to have on hand for the fall. Every year we visit Carter's Mountain Orchard in Charlottesville, VA and bring home a billion apples, so many that I end up giving tons away to friends and family.



And these next two are cookbooks that I'd like to purchase. Thank God for FoodNetwork online, it's afforded me the opportunity to pretend I'm Ina on a regular basis, but I think I'm ready to own one of her cookbooks. I'd plan to start collecting cookbooks, and no collection would be complete without Ina's Barefoot Contessa.

If you're not already familiar with Jaden Hair of the Steamy Kitchen, then you're really missing out. She produces some super amazing food, is an awesome blogger, and has a new cookbook for sale on Amazon.

* All pictures are clickable, so check them out :)
Print this post

No comments: